Thursday 13 January 2011

THE DAY OF THE SECOND COMING.....

Lots of visitors today, the bed frame for the master bedroom arrived followed about 1 hour later by the mattress, although there is still a part of the bed to come. As I said a few days back there always seems to be something missing. Then the 'fluffy' towels from The White Company arrived followed by a call from the card payment processing machine people to let me know the costs of having one of the PIN machines. All in all it felt like we were getting ready for business.
        Even the sun came out today and it felt warm for once, obviously not quite ready for sun bathing but certainly not to be sniffed at. I remember a really warm sunny day when I managed a small supermarket on the South Coast. There were only about eight of us on the pay role and they were a varied bunch. The Butcher who was a young energetic guy full of the joys of life asked if he could go onto the flat roof to 'catch the sun' in his lunch break. Well to be frank I shouldn't of allowed it, a laxity that could have caused me problems if he had fallen off. But hey I was young and stupid (now I'm old and stupid). So I said that it was fine but no football!   My full time cashier, we shall call 'Jenny' because that was her name, went up to the canteen for her lunch. The access to the roof was via the canteen. Jenny had her skittish moments and at only 18 was fairy naive to the ways of the world but was always a very happy person, smiling and laughing, probably because of this she was endearingly guileless.
       So when she came running back down from the canteen shrieking and waving her arms  in disbelief I had to meet her and try to get some sense out of her. Well I had completely forgotten that the butcher was on the roof but the realisation of what had happened soon came to me. "He's not got anything on, He's naked, no clothes, nothing at all, I didn't know..." she rambled on "I saw the door open so I went onto the roof and he was laying there with it all hanging out and everything!, Oh my God, oh my God, honestly you can go and check for youself, nothing on at all! Oh my God totally naked, honest..." and so on and so on....
       Well having finally calmed her down I elected not to go and confront my young Butcher but had a little chat with him on his return asking that in future he kept his meat tucked away where it belonged. After all I hadn't given her permission to go onto the roof, had I ?
       Anyway back to present times, so I had taken delivery of my sexy shiny, sparkling new cooker (just give it one day with us and it won't stay that way) and I was waiting for the return of the electrician for sooth he had come once before and yea the prophets predicted he would return so that we would not be forsaken and that we may once again have a hot supper and it came to pass on this day that the great one doth return and reconnecteth the cooker and from this day forth we shall always give thanks for the second coming of ye electrician,    Hallelujah!


Now just the sink Messiah is awaited.




362

No comments:

Post a Comment