Saturday 12 March 2011

Japan

Today my blog simply seems trite and trivial beyond belief.

An entire Town of 20,000 people destroyed in Japan by the Tsunami and TV coverage that I for one have just found too harrowing to watch. Every one of the tens of thousands of houses lost were Homes to people just like us. They have lost their relatives, their friends, their jobs, their clubs, their communities, their libraries, their heir-looms, their children, their parents, the personal belongings that make us what we are, their photo albums, their memories, their archive record offices, their schools, halls and hospitals, everything that they (as we do) have worked for their entire lives to achieve.

They've lost their very identities. I cannot comprehend how someone can get over that, and I have genuinely cried for them.

It is simply heartbreaking and my thoughts are totally with them at this time.


That's all.





.

No comments:

Post a Comment