Monday 28 February 2011

THE DAY I GOT ON TOP OF THE PAPERWORK

Office work, it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it and today that someone was me.

I managed to knock on the head a dozen or so 'pending' tasks that, in truth, were pending for far too long and I've still got another days worth to do. That said it was a productive day in which I covered everything from my Pension to ,quite literally, my two back teeth! (Honest, my new Dentist needed X-rays from my previous one to check them out).
          I've finally obtained a web address for the Old Bakery web-site but I'm not releasing it just yet as there is nothing on it yet however rest assured that as soon as we are ready you'll be the first to know, followed very closely by Alison's and my Facebook pages. My Dad has been working hard on this site and I am yet to supply him with the remaining content as I still need to finish the renovations then photograph some of them for the site. We are getting there, just a little slower than I hoped which is the norm for such things, they never seem to actually be quicker do they?

The blessing, with regards to my paperwork, is that we have set the office up in a great spot overlooking the garden. Rather than having to stand on tippi-toe to look out of a tiny window at the odd big black Crow staring back at me from the expanse of a 20,000sqft grey supermarket roof I now look onto the green lawn and purple crocuses whilst Gold Finches, Long Tailed Tits and Doves feed just 3 metres away. It makes it so much more enjoyable to do those mundane tasks. That said it also looks out over the plot where my kids saw the Kestrel swoop down and savage a Blackbird and I'm still sick about that..............  That is, sick that I missed it!




872

No comments:

Post a Comment