Thursday 10 February 2011

THE DAYS WERE LONG BUT THE REWARD LASTS EVEN LONGER

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.     
Winston Churchill.



And so, after many weeks with a lot of interrupted days and lots of challenges, the first big hurdle has been jumped and the Kitchen is done. The nuclear bunker removed and a new shiny practical kitchen has replaced it.

I am not the strongest at the moment nor the most intelligent but I will always give my best effort to anything I do.
The following photographs are your reward for bothering to follow this blog at all and are my memory as time fades the pictures in my mind to mere, vague, outlines of the transition from the old to the new. Both I and Alison are really chuffed with the result and judging from the way she lolls around in the middle of the floor (not Alison), the cat likes it too.

 I hope that our handy work will last for a decade or so and that working in this kitchen will not feel like a chore but will be a joy as it will be my main place of work.

I have nothing else to add and I hope that the photographs will say the rest......

























706

No comments:

Post a Comment