Monday 27 May 2013

Dear Marge Proops..........

Dear Marge Proops, Claire Rayner, Mrs Mills et al....

I have been very happily married for almost 30 years. However I have recently become concerned that my husband is clearly not busy enough single-handedly running our B&B and holiday cottage, cooking breakfasts, washing, ironing, cleaning and tending his allotment.

When he was unexpectedly called away I picked up a message on our answer-phone from a lady who he has been in correspondence with, thanking him for the photos he sent her.

She then went on to say how delighted she was with the invite he'd written in the letter she had just received inviting her over for the afternoon. Not only that but she had immediately phoned a friend who wanted to come too and between them they could think of 12 ladies that would like to spend the afternoon with him.
Her next question was 'Is 12 too many for you to handle?"

When he returned I played him the message and he denied all knowledge of inviting them around for 'afternoon tea'. He now claims he just wants to get this over and done with and is clearly keen to entertain all these ladies at once and very soon. (I didn't realise he was so adept at multi-tasking). 

Should I be worried or should I just be grateful that he is trying all avenues to drum up business?

Yours sincerely,

Worried of Norfolk

No comments:

Post a Comment