Sunday 1 April 2012

Fuelling my obsession

If you ask Mike, Stephen or Claire or going back to my childhood, my parents and brother and sister they would all say the same thing about me; that I can't go past a Tourist Information Centre without going in and collecting leaflets. They would call this an obsession, although I'd say it's research. But one of the many unanticipated bonuses of setting up 'The Old Bakery enterprises' is that I now have a genuine, business need to visit TICs and collect leaflets to put in the information packs that we provide our guests. And to keep going in to ensure that the information in the packs is bang up to date!

This 'obsession' doesn't just cover TICs. When we visit any of the numerous Farmers Markets scattered around deepest Norfolk I get to collect information about the food that they offer. I've put together a pack on Norfolk's food producers as the region is getting well known for the quality of the food on offer (and as if to prove it check out a new BBC2 series this Wednesday at 8pm which starts it's tour of the UK by focusing on food in Norfolk - having read the reviews I can't wait for the flatulent turkey!)

And then (because obviously that's not enough) I collect menus from local pubs and restaurants, so that our guests know what's on offer.

And now with both the B&B and the cottage, that means twice as many leaflets and folders to gather up.

But if any family member chooses to comment on what they see as my leaflet obsession they just need to remember we get extra points on our tourist gradings for providing all those leaflets.

No comments:

Post a Comment