Sunday 15 July 2012

And it's not easy working with him!

Three weeks into my gardening leave and now renamed as allotment leave, my mind is beginning to adjust to the different challenges of being a co-owner of a business and working alongside Mike. But all will be well, for this week Claire will return for a month and he will be out-numbered!

Aside from the sudden medical crisis referred to in Mike's last blog (at no point did I believe he had anything stuck in his ear), it has been another full on week of cooking, cleaning, weeding and converting fruit into saleable items.

Little progress has been made from the point of view of finding alternative employment and I've decided to concentrate on helping Mike for the next two months, then taking a short break before concentrating on the next stage of my career. Although some people think it is all over; this week I had my first letter addressed 'Dear Pensioner' ...aaagh!

But to keep my mind active, I've started my own blog. Pause here to allow you to groan when you find out that it is on all matters 'development'. Well, what else did you expect?

You'll find it here: www.gladstonedevelopment.blogspot.co.uk I've been busy with four posts already, the most recent of which makes comparisons between the corporate world and our fledgling cottage industry.

Hard at work on a Sunday morning (we work 7 days a week!)

The first varieties of the season....
Another auction find... for displaying the finished items (once it has been stripped and repainted, one of this week's jobs)



No comments:

Post a Comment